- Mark's Ephemera shares some Orel Hershiser cards he received recently.
- Jackie Robinson Topps Tribute auto was pulled earlier this month. UPDATE: Ya know... the more I look at this autograph the more I questions its authenticity. Of course, that is just my opinion and I'm no expert, but I have seen a bunch of them in person and in auction catalogs from sellers I trust over the years. I don't know, maybe I'm getting oversensitive to the authenticity issie that seems to be in the forefront of todays hobby.)
- eBay Fee Changes starting March 30th!
No Insertion Fees for Auction-style listings when you list your item with a start price under $1—up to 100 listings per month. Pay only if your item sells.
- Yup! A lawsuit is brewing between Upper Deck and MLB/Topps.
- Nice find Wrigley Wax! He post a great cartoon found on the back of a 1955 Topps card. Little did they know that the Dodgers would win the World Championship later that year. I guess you can call that karma.
- Tom Hoffarth writes a great post celebrating Ernie Harwell's birthday. Did you know he was the first broadcaster traded for a player when the Brooklyn Dodgers GM, Branch Rickey, traded a catcher for him. He then departed for the Giants broadcasting booth which led to an opening for Vin Scully in Brooklyn.
- Check out this great interview Sports Locker did with the John Evers about the Merkle Ball.
- Topps has teamed up with LTL Prints to make large wall graphics (similar to Fatheads) that include Garbage Pail Kids. Imagine a 7ft. image like the one below on your wall.
- No more 5-second rule- it is now a 30-second rule. (Hat Tip: Dodger Thoughts)
The results prove, according Goettsche and Moin, that you can wait at least 30 seconds to pick up wet foods and more than a minute to pick up dry foods before they become contaminated with bacteria.
- Mario Lemieux has offered to buy the Pirates.
- How to report the news.