- This is some great news. Dave Roberts is expecting a full recovery from Hodgkin's lymphoma, via LA Times.
- Wow! What an incredible statue of Jackie Robinson, via Vin Scully is My Homeboy. Unfortunately, a Nat destroyed it. Damn you!
- REA shares a story about a vintage Baseball card set that had been passed down from generation to generation since 1915.
My father Harry Dolton Smith, raised in Saint Paul, Minnesota, at the age of 15, bought the complete set of 1915 Cracker Jack Ball Players, in 1915 for $.25 and two box tops. I think he said the display book was extra and he couldn’t afford to buy it. He started to collect the 1914 set but it was too costly to buy each box of confection, and the cards were damaged by the candy. So he jumped at the chance to buy the whole set in 1915.
- Busted Coverage has some racy photos of Sara Saco-Verti, the better half of the "foul ball couple."
- Schulte Auctions has some never before seen family photos of Babe Ruth, here.
- Meet Victoria Levan, a Topps employee with a real life inserted Baseball card in Allen & Ginter. (Hat Tip: A Cardboard Problem)
- I don't know were I've been, but I've just discovered the glorious wonder of Wipeout!