- Who knew a history lesson on fake puke would be so interesting? Via Collectors Weekly.
- Sons of Steve Garvey worked in the press box in St. Louis.
- Check out Every Hall of Famer's drawing of Branch Rickey.
- MSTI compares Cy Young candidates Clayton Kershaw and Roy Halladay.
- Do you remember Pasqual Perez. My mind can't quite recall any specific incidents, but I generally remember his as a big a-hole on the diamond. Fortunately, Chris Jaffe at Harball Times reminds us of one event that really boggles the mind. Man-O-Live, the 80's were crazy.
Perez, however, had no interest in having someone fight on his behalf. After ending the inning, Perez motioned to (Reggie) Smith he’d meet him under the stands—pronto. Smith and Perez both raced through their clubhouses and into the tunnels, meeting up behind home plate under the stands. Both dugouts emptied following them. Players came, coaches came, even managers Chuck Tanner and Tommy Lasorda came.
- The Day That Damned the Dodgers, from Lee Jenkins at SI.
- Comedian Gabriel Iglesias will be appearing at Dodger Stadium this coming Sunday for Viva Los Dodgers Day at 12:00 PM.
- Hey Kings fans! Hockeyfest is coming soon on September 11th at the Staples Center.
Thursday, August 25, 2011
Blog Kiosk: 8/25/2011
At least there is some nice fan events remaining in the season. Like Star Wars Night on September 16th. Check out details here.