- Peter O'Malley gives an interview to TCPalm about his connection and return to Dodgertown.
- Nomo's Sushi Platter got a Tony Gwynn auto in El Cajon.
- check out Night Owl Cards giant Baseball card trade post. Some awesome stuff there.
- Check out this giant hoard of Albert Pujols Rookie cards for sale at Heritage Auctions. There are 315 of them out of only 1000 made. Holy Cow!
- Garvey and Hershiser do have the money to buy the Dodgers, via The Morning Call.
Steve Garvey and Orel Hershiser have attracted more than enough financial backing to bid competitively on the Dodgers, the banker representing the former Dodgers stars said Wednesday.
- Wall Street hedge fund manager Steve Cohen is looking to buy the Dodgers, via Business Insider.
But three people close to the deal said that Cohen has been talking about it with Steve Greenberg, an investment banker who dealt with him earlier this year while Cohen was looking to buy the Mets. Greenberg was handling the sale of a $200 million stake in the New York team.
- Maury Brown at The Biz of Baseball has a complete transcript of the press conference regarding the new CBA deal.
- Are you interested in a career in sports? Then, check out this career fair being hosted by the LA Kings this coming Monday. Participating companies are:
AEG, Chivas USA, LA Clippers, LA Galaxy, LA Kings, Lancaster Jethawks Professional Baseball Club, Lionsgate Entertainment, Motion Picture Association of America, Inc., CBS, Bunim/Murray Productions, The Gersh Agency, Ontario Reign, Warner/Chappell Music, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, and Los Angeles Dodgers.
Friday, November 25, 2011
I hope you had a filling and enjoyable Thanksgiving evening. Above is the only Thanksgiving Baseball card I know of. It's a 2009 Upper Deck 'A Piece of History' card.