- Forbes claims Dodgers value could fall by $300Million as a result of the order to disallow sale of cable contract. Frankly, I think it's a bunch of bunk. I don't believe there was any real expectation that the winning bidder for the team would take the highest deal made during the cable auction. In fact, I expected the future owner to decline it immediately, and then use it as leverage for a higher value a year later with either FOX or some other suitor when the current contract expires. As I saw it, the cable auction would have been nothing more than a barometer for a future owner to determine a true fair market value for the television deal without the negotiating restrictions FOX has in place. If anything, the ruling will likely disqualify leverage buyers, but will not diminish (by much) the number of qualified buyers. In other words, cash will rule this sale and those bidders with patient cash investors will likely win out.
- Here's some positive news. The Biz of Baseball declares Dodger fans winners in 2011.
- CrzBlue's Dodger Blue World puts together a nice tribute to members of the Dodger family who died in 2011.
- A Redditer shares some cool designs made by mowing on some Baseball fields. Links to even more are here.
- Night Owl Cards puts together his list of the top Baseball cards of 2011.
- Former Giants outfielder Don Mueller passed away this past Wednesday. RIP. He was 84, and an able opponent. Via St. Louis Today.
- Bloomberg Business Week makes 5 Bold Sports Predictions for 2012; including who is in the lead to buy the Dodgers.
- A Vintage Dodgers commercial featuring Pedro Guerrero, circa 1982, supporting an anti-vandalism PSA campaign in Spanish.
Saturday, December 31, 2011
Blog Kiosk: 12/31/2011
Tommy Claus. (Pic via @Dodgers Twitter)