- Tom Hoffarth at the DailyNews.com passes along a response from Vin Scully regarding his upcoming bobblehead.
"Since I won't be here for the 100th anniversary, I agreed to do the 50th," Scully said. "Otherwise, I would be open to questions as to why I didn't do it. It's far easier this way."
- Dr. Frank Jobe speaks with the Long Beach Telegram to talk a bit about the procedure he developed called Tommy John surgery.
- eTopps will be no more. Check out this announcement on their website. I had been an early adopter of the program in 2001, and actively bought, sold and traded cards online. It was fun for awhile, but lost its luster when the marketplace aspects of it all became as illusory as a tulip market. At least I have some nice cards to show for it.
- Phillies prospect Trevor May does a Reddit AMA- answering questions for anyone who asks.
- Shorpy has a great pic of Baseball fans, circa 1911, cheering in the stands.
- Tebowing has gotten out of hand. At Monday nights game between the LA Kings and Washington Capitals, Kings defenseman Jack "MF" Johnson scored an exciting goal in the 2nd period that he celebrated by tebowing along the boards. It was unexpected, and caused hilarity in the stands where I sit.