- On this MLK Day go ahead and listen to Don Newcombe read a letter sent to him by Dr. King, via SiriusXM Sports.
- Roberto at Vin Scully is My Homeboy was in Porter Ranch to catch Clayton and Ellen Kershaw signing their book. LEAVes of Dodger Blue went to see the Kershaw's at the Calvary Chapel South Bay in Gardena, here. Pasadena Star News was in Azusa today with a report and video from Costco.
- CrzBlue has a complete list of surviving Brooklyn Dodger players, here.
- I had the pleasure of answering some questions for Dustin's Feelin' Kinda Blue Blogger Profile feature. Check it out here.
- 1983 Fleer Project shows us his signed Vicente Romo card. How's that for a Dodger name from the past? Did you know that when Romo pitched for the Dodgers in 1982 it was 8 years after the last time he was on a Major League mound for the Padres?
- Big League Stew asked if Matt Kemp can really reach 50/50.
No one has ever had at least 50 home runs and at least 50 stolen bases in the same season, and only two hitters have both a 50-homer season and a 50-stolen base season in their resume.
- Olbermann introduces us to 19th Century ballplayer Herman Long, and wonders if he is a Hall of Famer.
- Panini shares a pic of Clipper Blake Griffin signing some cards that will be in an upcoming basketball set.
- David Schoenfield at ESPN puts together player position ranking for the NL West Division.
- Remember Vicente Padilla? He had become a faint Dodger memory. Steve Dilbeck with the LA Times tells us that he just signed a minor league deal with the Red Sox.
- Check this older Sully post detailing his All-Negro League team.
- Watch the Kershaw's speak about their book called Arise. They are currently on a short book signing tour in LA County that ends tomorrow. Go to my autograph/events calendar for details.
Monday, January 16, 2012
Blog Kiosk: 1/16/2012
Matt Kemp presenting an award to Frank Robinson over the weekend at the Professional Scouts Dinner. (Pic via Jon SooHoo LA Dodgers)