- Dylan lets us know how Rubby De La Rosa is doing.
- Ronald Belisario comes clean. He was stuck in Venezuela last year because he tested positive for cocaine, via Dylan at the LA Times.
- Matthew Pouliot at Hardball Talk thinks Matt Kemp should bat fourth.
How can it be a good idea to stick maybe the NL’s best RBI guy immediately behind Gordon and Ellis? Gordon had a .325 OBP in 224 at-bats after arriving in the majors last season. Ellis came in at .288 in 480 at-bats with the A’s and Rockies.
- The Bellingham Herald reports on Kemp's Lofty Goals.
Kemp reiterated his previously stated goal of becoming the first player in major league history to hit 50 home runs and steal 50 bases in the same season. He said he also wants to win the most-valuable-player award.
"You have to set your limits even higher than you want them to be," said Kemp, who last year finished a home run short of becoming baseball's fifth 40-40 player.
- Stan Kroenke makes some moves that stand to benefit his Dodger bid, via ProFootballTalk NBC.
- A couple of California brothers inherit a $2Mil collection of vintage comic books, via Detroit Free Press.
Rorrer, 31, of Oxnard, Calif., discovered his great uncle Billy Wright's comics neatly stacked in a basement closet while helping clear out his great aunt's Martinsville, Va., home a few months after her death. He said he thought they were cool but didn't realize until months later how valuable they were.
- Here is another rare memorabilia find. A Michigan family finds a stash of rare 19th Century football cards in a farmhouse worth thousands, via Beckett.
- Check out Yu Darvish throwing left handed, via Evan Grant of Dallas Morning News.
In the photo, Darvish is throwing left-handed and has his right-hand awkwardly shoved into his glove. It's not a misprint or an experiment and Darvish isn't fooling around. He occasionally plays catch left-handed to keep both of his arms strong and, therefore, equally balanced. It is one of the unique elements Darvish includes in his training.
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Blog Kiosk: 2/22/2012- Dodgers Stadium Anthem Auditions
Do you think you can sing the anthem? Well, the Dodgers are holding open auditions for anyone who wants to sing the National Anthem at Dodger Stadium. Go here for details. It will be held on March 31st at Dodgers Stadium.