- If you don't already know, the Dodgers have a great gallery of photos available to gawk over on their website. Go here to check them out.
- The Dodgers minor league team, Great Lakes Loons, will be giving out a Clayton Kershaw figurine during their game on June 12th to the first 1,000 fans. Kershaw will be featured wearing a white Loons home uniform. For more info go here.
- Eric Stephen at True Blue LA has some great photos from Spring Training- Day 3.
- I'm looking for some help here. Does anyone remember these female usher uniforms from the 80's? Did women wear these skimpy things at Dodger Stadium back then? I don't really remember. See it here.
- The 2011 Topps Allen & Ginter Code has finally been solved, via twitter @Toppscards. UPDATE: To find out how they did it, go here for their explanation.
- NewJersey.com has a nice story on the newest Yankee, Hiroki Kuroda.
To the first question, Kuroda insisted that, appearances aside, he never was afraid of pitching for the Yankees or Red Sox. Instead, he said, “I’d made a commitment to the Dodgers last year and wanted to live up to it. I wanted to win a championship and didn’t want to leave before the season was over.”
Given that loyalty, Kuroda admitted he was surprised the Dodgers didn’t aggressively pursue him. His options were the Yankees or a return to Japan – and, as he noted, “The Yankees made the best offer.”
- Why am I pointing this link out, and why did I find it interesting? I don't know. All I know is that I felt a certain amount of fear knowing that Justin Beiber had worn a Dodger cap a couple of times in his videos. Flip Flop Flyball has more.
- Watch this great time-lapse video of the Staples Center floor changeover from Clippers to Kings to Lakers, via LA Times.
- Dodgers trainer Stan Conte calls player injury risk assessment the final frontier, via an article by Molly Knight at ESPN.
- Dodger Stadium organist Nancy Bea Hefley is a Los Angeles institution. She's been playing since 1988 and now gets mic'd up for Wired.
Friday, February 24, 2012
Blog Kiosk: 2/24/2011
Panini just released their 2011 Playoff Contenders Baseball set this week. Check out the above dual Kemp and Kershaw card that can be found within it.