- Check out this great story from Eric Stephen at True Blue LA on what the typical day is like this early in Spring Training. Great stuff.
- This is just a helpful reminder. If you are not checking out Dodger photographer Jon SooHoo's website daily then you are really missing out. Here are some random pics from Spring Training on the 26th. Then the 25th. The 24th. The 23rd. The 22nd.
- Filed under "Getting to Know a New Player" Tony Jackson tells us a little bit about starter Chris Capuano.
- Old Time Family Baseball looks at the assorted food tweets of Tommy Lasorda. That man sure loves to eat.
- Andre Ethier got a little testy with reporters on his first day at Camelback Ranch, via Tony Jackson ESPN.
Ethier eventually got around to saying he feels fine now, but not before responding to a friendly greeting of, “Did you have a good winter?'' with a curt, “We're not here to talk about that.'' He later responded to another question about why he was being so abrupt by saying, “I'm not your buddy. You're not my buddy. We're not going to sit here and have a bar-type conversation.''
- Jon Weisman at Dodger Thoughts points to interesting article featuring the proposed dome stadium planned by O'Malley in Brooklyn.
- "Why Do Managers Wear Uniforms?" via Mental Floss (Hat Tip: Rob Neyer)
According to John Thorn, the official historian of Major League Baseball, it goes back to the earliest days of the game.
- Stacie Wheeler at Lasorda's Lair shares her top 10 favorite Baseball films.
- Here is a great editorial by Chris Lamb at the LA Times about Jackie Robinson and his trip to his very first Spring Training in Florida.
Robinson stayed up into the early hours of the morning bitterly recounting what he and his wife had been through, seething over what the Greyhound bus driver had called him. "He was very annoyed and hurt," Rowe later remembered. "He had been called a 'boy.' This man had become a 'boy.'"
Monday, February 27, 2012
Blog Kiosk: 2/27/2011
Matt Kemp takes a stroll, pic via Twitter @PaulVizzle.