- GCRL continues to show a bunch of great Sportcaster cards from the 70's. Here is one I've never seen before. It's called "Forever Blowing Bubbles" and features Davey Lopes with a giant Bazooka style bubble while at the plate. Just Awesome!
- Here is a new Tumblr account that you need to see. It's called A. J. Ellis Facts.
- Via Fox, Dodgers Off To Best Start Since 1981.
- This sounds like a great event. The LA Times has been hosting a monthly program called "Thursday @ the Globe," and this time they feature Bill Shaikin and Bill Plaschke on a hour long tour and discussion about the Dodgers and Baseball. It's free. All you have to do is register. Information is here.
- Shorpy comes through again with a vintage, 1924, photo featuring Washington DC as Baseball fans mingle at a giant outdoor scoreboard awaiting details of the next play in an American League Pennant game. Could you imagine having to get your up-to-the-minute sports news like this?
- Check out this great video snippet from the MLB Network of a show they aired recently called, "Showcasing Dodger Stadium." It's just a 5 min clip, but features interviews with many different ballplayers talking about Dodger Stadium. I'm sure they'll re-air it soon. Here's a quote from Joe Torre:
“When I used to come and get into the batter’s box to hit, I could hear Vin Scully. Now it wasn’t that I could hear the booth, which was obviously behind me, but I could hear it because everybody brought transistor radios because they wanted to have Vin Scully tell them what was going on.”
- Cardboard Junkie gives us a tour of the Braves Museum & Hall of Fame at Turner Field.
- If you are a local LA area hockey player and happen to play the goalie position, then you need to check this out. The Kings and Jonathan Bernier will be giving away a full set of goalie equipment. Details are here.
Coaches, friends and/or family members are encouraged to tell Bernier in 500 words or less why your young goalie is deserving of new RBK goalie pads, blocker and goalie stick. Nominees must be between 4 and 10 years old.
- Filed under, "I shoulda gone to one game," the Lingerie Football League is closing shop til 2013, via Busted Coverage.
- Kings Game 2 Stanley Cup Playoff game is tonight at 7:00 PM on KCOP 13. The Kings won Game 1 in convincing fashion. Hopefully, they continue to baffle the whiners from up north. I just loved this hit Kings forward Mike Richards laid on Alexandre Burrows. That Burrows guy is a punk!
Friday, April 13, 2012
Blog Kiosk: 4/13/2012
Not only will Bear Grylls drink his own urine to entertain you, but he'll throw out the first pitch while the Baseball is on fire. That's a true entertainer, folks! (pic via, Jon SooHoo/ LA Dodgers 2012) Big League Stew has a story on it that includes video.