- Gibson chose not to catch Hershiser's first pitch the other night, via LA Times. I certainly respect Gibby's reason.
"I'm a Diamondback," Gibson said. "I'm the manager of the team. I respect Orel tremendously. He knows that. It's not disrespect towards him. If I was out of baseball I would have done it, but I'm in baseball and I've got different colors on tonight and tomorrow."
- Here's a great story about former Padres Nate Colbert's brush with Jackie Robinson as a kid, via Corey Brock at MLB.
With Colbert clinging to Robinson's game-used glove in the center fielder bleachers, Jackie Robinson, the man responsible for breaking baseball's color barrier, actually used Colbert's glove during a game against Stan Musial and the Cardinals.
- Check out Matt Kemp sporting LA Kings Black & Silver, via LA Kings Twitter. Pic taken by Jon SooHoo/ LA Dodgers 2012.
- Dee Gordon is getting some extra tutelage, via Ken Gurnick at MLB.
Rather than in the privacy of the indoor batting cage, manager Don Mattingly and hitting coach Dave Hansen had Gordon hitting off a tee in the batting cage on the field before the Dodgers stretched for regular batting practice.
- Juan Uribe had a MRI, with Eric Stephen at True Blue LA.
Manager Don Mattingly said the MRI showed what could be arthritis or wear and tear, but trainer Sue Falsone declined to discuss specifics until Uribe met with the hand specialist.
- Check out the LA Galaxy as they meet the President, via LA Kings Insider.
- Heartbreaking Cards of Staggering Genius has a couple more pics of some incredible murals found near the Negro League Baseball Museum; including a Kansas City Monarchs mural with Jackie Robinson.
- Go Kings!!! Am I dreaming? Can this possible be happening? The Kings took a 2 games to 0 lead in the Western Conference Finals against the Phoenix Coyotes. See game highlights below.