This makes me feel stupid. I had no idea the Dodgers had a star on the Walk of Fame. The Dodgers ran a twitter contest for free tickets last week, and superfan Susan G @ScumbagGF (awesome handle, btw) tweeted this pic. Anyone know where this is?
- Keep Roberto in your thoughts.
- Steve Dilbeck of the LA Times writes that the "End is not Near: Dodgers No Longer Own Baseball's Best Record.
And on the morning of June 21, 2012, the Dodgers awoke to greet the new summer no longer in possession of the title: Team with the best record in baseball.
The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
OK, maybe not, but the team had sort of hung its blue cap on that recognition all spring. As the days went by and the Dodgers continued to hang onto baseball’s best record, non-believers continually fell by the wayside.
- The Dodgers and Angels booster clubs get together for a good cause. Join them on June 30th for their blood drive. All presenting donors will receive a SPECIAL Commemorative t-shirt, a voucher for 2 tickets to an Angels or Dodger Home Game. Quantities limited. Schedule an appointment now! (Hat Tip: Sons of Steve Garvey)
- This is pretty interesting. The Rockies have moved to a 4 man rotation, via Shlomo Sprung at the Business insider.
The experiment: A four-man starting rotation with each starter on a 75 pitch limit. After the pitch limit is reached, the Rockies turn the ball over to a set of longer relievers to ease the strain on a bullpen and rotation that's been affected by injury. In the final innings they go to their set-up men and closer.
- Check out Shorpy's photo blog to see a circa 1906 pic of the Jersey Shore (at Atlantic City) on a sunny afternoon. It shows a banner telling onlookers that a Base Ball game will start at 3:30 that afternoon. On another note, the outfits folks wore back then are crazy- black full body swimming suits. Modesty laws are weird.
- There is too much awesome with the Tampa Bay Rays. They will be wearing hypothetical 1979 throwback uniforms on June 30th, and I think they got it right, via twitter @Jonathan_Gantt. Pic at left.
- MAD Magazine gets it right with their rendition of Roger Clemen's HOF plaque.
- Tom Bartsch at Sports Collectors Digest writes about the bubble gum card wars of the early 1950's.
- This smile just won't go away. Heck, I've been wearing my 2012 Stanley Cup Champions Los Angeles Kings cap for a full week. I wear it to work, at home, anywhere, and everywhere. So, forgive my indulgence as I post up this great fan made video below. BTW, the entire Kings schedule for next season has just been released. Also, check out this great blog post from a Kings fan who had been traveling throughout Europe the past year (even meeting Kopitar in Slovenia during this past off-season) and decided it was time to come home when the Kings were playing the Devils in the Stanley Cup Finals.