"The hottest part of the night. Dodgers put it on my Reds tonight. well done blu crew. Jobu needed to wake up bats"
- Welcome home, Roberto!
- Vote for Greg! Greg Zakwin of the "Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle" blog is one of 3 finalist to win an autographed Sandy Koufax Topps Tier One Baseball card. Beckett blog pulled one in a video break and was running a contest to see which one of its readers gets to take it home. They are down to 3 contestants.
- At Dodger Thoughts John Klima writes about , "The Untold Saga of the Milwaukee- Brooklyn Rivalry".
I wanted to introduce Jon’s readers to the greatest rivalry they don’t know about – that of the Dodgers and the Milwaukee Braves. And the book lets it be known that the Braves’ move from Boston to Milwaukee in 1953 paved the way for the Dodgers and those guys up North I am smart enough not to mention by name on a Dodger blog, to change cities.
- Kemp sounds like he is on track. Bill Skaikin shares a quote from Matt in a recent story.
"It's not sore when I wake up in the morning," Kemp said. "It feels just like a regular old leg, thank God."
- This is the best post ever! Erik Malinowski of Deadspin has an animated gallery of every MLB umpire's strike three call. Check it out here.
- Sons of Steve Garvey points to a great collection of story links on delicious focused on Dodgers draft picks from 2012. Go here to see them all.
- Tom Hoffarth at the Daily News speaks with old friend Nomar Garciaparra about his experience with Home Run Derby's and an ailing hamstring.
" I've been in a situation where I was on the DL going into the All Star Game back in '99, and I was scheduled to come off right after the game. So it was one where it was almost like my little rehab game being in that All Star Game. I also knew it was only going to be a few innings, and I was careful about it."
- Congratulations to Peter O'Malley and his group for winning the Padres. Via Ken Rosenthal at Fox Sports.
The deal — valued at $800 million, including $200 million for a portion of the team’s equity stake in Fox Sports San Diego — is pending approval by baseball and completion of contractual terms within the next two weeks, the source said.