- The ninth edition of Dodgers Playbill features Dodger shortstop Hanley Ramirez sporting his familiar “I See You” gesture for the camera. Inside the playbill are features on Ramirez, Hall of Fame Broadcaster Vin Scully, Dodger prospect Yasiel Puig and Star Trek’s William Shatner. Fans receive Dodgers Playbill at all parking gates. See it at left.
- Check out this funny comic by the Sports Guys at the Webcomic Factory. It features the Dodgers, and is called "The Ump is Always Right."
- Former Dodger Kenny Landreaux will be signing free at autographs on Tuesday, August 21st in Autograph Alley at Dodger Stadium prior to that evenings game from 5:10 PM to 6:30 PM. To see other Dodgers scheduled to sign prior to games during the upcoming homestand go to my calendar.
- BTW, Kevin Gross will be honored before Wednesdays game, just a few days after the 20th anniversary of his no-hitter against the Giants on August 17, 1992.
- Here's what the childrens backpack looks like that will be given to youngsters (14 and under) on Sunday, August 26th. Oh, to be a kid again. See it at right.
- Via Larry Brown Sports, AJ Burnett Blast Hanley Ramirez for Home Run Celebration.
“If you’re going to hit a homer, act like you’ve hit one before,” Burnett told reporters after the game according to the Associated Press. “The first batter, (James) Loney, hit one, was very professional about it. Ran hard the whole way. I just thought he did a little something at second base. I could be wrong. It was the heat of the moment.”
- Jon Weisman at LA Magazine's CityThink writes that "Kershaw Sneaks into Cy Young Race."
- Deadspin has the scoop, after Kemp's and Mattingly's expletive filled ejection the other day, Mattingly sent an autographed Baseball to the kid who got earmuffed.
- Check out a little snippet from tonight's episode of My MLB Life that features Matt Kemp below. It will be on the MLB Network at 6:30 PM EST.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *