- 'Topes Tatler speaks with Dodgers prospect Brian Cavazos-Galvez.
“I can do a little bit of everything and I think that’s the biggest thing I can give to the organization,” Cavazos-Galvez said. “I feel that I’m doing a bunch of little things that can be put together and allow me to showcase myself.”
- Injured pitchers continues to be a problem for the Dodgers. Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA we hear that Billingsley may not be coming back this season, Javy Guerra was placed on the DL, Josh Wall recalled from AAA, and Terd Lilly may still be able to contribute this season.
- 3 Olympic gymnast were at the Dodger Stadium (McKayla Maroney, Gabby Douglas and Kyla Ross) and there are pics to prove it. Check out Just Jared Jr. The below pic is from twitter @Dodgers. BTW, McKayla Maroney doesn't seemed impressed with the Dodgers- see what I mean here at NorthSideWire.
- For posterity, I will put up this link (through a google cache) of an article written by a Marko Realmonte on Bleacher Report calling for the Dodgers to get rid of Vin Scully. The article has since been taken down. Thanks to the Dodgerbros on reddit for keeping it alive and for noting that this Marko guy is a Giants fan... really, he photographs the Giants- see his twitter, here. He wrote:
If the product on the field is new, fresh and exciting, then why is grandpa still at the mic?
Yeah, it's that bad.
- Greg Zakwin of Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle meets his nemesis. Hilarity ensues.
- Mississippi Matt Smith notes on Fangraphs that statistical analysis cannot explain the Orioles. It only goes to show that advanced metrics isn't everything.
- Matt at Heartbreaking Cards of Staggering Genius visits the Field of Dreams and has pics to prove it. I'm gonna make it there one of these days.
- A 1976 Olympic Gold Medal from the USA Basketball team is on auction through Grey Flannel Auctions.
- Vance Garnett at the Washington Times recalls the phenomenal pitching performance of a 20 year old hurler named Walter Johnson as he blanked the Yankees in 3 consecutive games over 4 days during a Labor Day weekend in 1908.
- Washington's racing Presidents do it Gangnam Style.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *