No Hello Kitty Magic last night. Pic via Jill Weisleder/Los Angeles Dodgers 2012.
- 4 college kids are going through a roadtrip any Baseball fan would envy. They are going to all 30 ballparks in 38 days, and have been blogging all about it. See it here at "The 30 in 38 Project." Here is their Dodger Stadium story.
- Mark Langill reminds us that today in 1996 Brett Butler came back to the lineup after being first diagnosed with cancer in May of that year. I remember there being quite an ovation for him.
- JP Hoornstra at the Daily News notes that both Ted Lilly and Scott Elbert continue to rehab.
Mattingly reiterated his hope that both can pitch again this season.
- Matt Kemp is a good dude. Via Dylan Hernandez at the LA Times:
The boy couldn’t walk. He used his arms to get around the bases.
Kemp asked to meet the boy after the game.
Wednesday night, Isaac Lill and his family were Kemp’s guests at Dodger Stadium.
“He’s a special kid,” Kemp said. “He’s an amazing kid. He’s an inspiring kid.”
- Check out these really cool Ballpark Prints from City Prints Map Art. The Dodger Stadium print is below.
- Gann Matsuda at Frozen Royalty writes of Kings broadcaster Bob Miller's greatest fear going away.
- Do you love tennis? Do you collect tennis? Well, if you said yes then the US Open is running an auction you might want to check out. Hat Tip: Sports Collectors Daily.
- Jeremy at "No One's Going to Read This Blog", writes of his visit to the NY Metropolitan Museum of Art and the collection of Jefferson Burdick cards on display there. Burdick is considered the father of modern card collecting.
- Gangnam Style, live!
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *