Take a look at the field section in rightfield at Dodger Stadium. The Dodgers have started some work at the stadium. This photo was tweeted by DodgerBlues yesterday.
- I am glad to read that Evan at the formerly known New Mexico Fan Dodgers blog is planning to come back to blogging in a big way. As the only Albuquerque resident Dodger blogger, I think he can provide a different look at the Dodgers; especially our prospects in AAA. The first thing you'll notice is that he has renamed the blog to "I Bleed Blue 2" and has a new website address. Go and check it out.
- Night Owl Cards continues with his series of the Best Dodgers Cards Ever Made, #60 - #51.
- JP Hoornstra finds Hyun-Jin Ryu's Korean team website. It's a must see. Here's a link for the Hanwha Eagles Baseball Team website.
- Chris Olds at Beckett makes note that Panini's Cooperstown set includes the very first card of the Hall's first elected female member. See it at right.
- Jon Paul Morosi at Fox Sports writes of the Dodgers overseas plans.
Taken together, the investments are a dramatic and welcome shift, after the divorce of former owners Frank and Jamie McCourt drove the proud franchise into bankruptcy and forced general manager Ned Colletti to work with a cut-rate budget.
“Through all our challenges internationally in the last few years, we did maintain a good group that continued to scout and continued to be prepared in the event that we had the wherewithal to get involved,” Colletti told FOXSports.com in a Sunday telephone interview. “This is very rewarding for the people who stayed with this through the tough times, when they felt deep down that we didn’t have chances to sign players.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *