Dodgers photographer Jon SooHoo shared a bunch of photos from this past weekends Dodgers Mall Tour with Nick Punto and Tim Leary. See more photos here.
"Our payroll a year ago was $90 [million]," Colletti said in an interview on ESPNLA 710. "We're up over $200 [million] now. If you added it all up, it might be up over 300 [million] over two years. Had we been at 150 last year and 150 this year, nobody would be saying a word, right?
- Mark Saxon also writes of the Dodgers/Angels marketing rivalry.
Now, there's this exciting slugfest going on, the Dodgers and Angels bringing baseball's spending war 3,000 miles west, from the Interstate 95 corridor of Boston and New York to the I-5 corridor between L.A. and Anaheim. Everybody knows what it's about: TV money, ridiculous amounts. The Angels got theirs about a year ago, for $3 billion over 20 years from Fox. The Dodgers are in the process of hammering theirs out now and, according to some reports, they could land double what the Angels got. Moneyball was so 2002, so Bay Area.
- Ken Rosenthal at Fox Sports notes that the Dodgers are one of five teams to watch right now. Both Harang and Capuano figure on being traded.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, Dodgers bench coach Trey Hillman is excited to be reunited with Zack Greinke.
"He can be a little standoffish. There are days he doesn't speak," said Hillman. "But he's a good teammate, especially with his fellow starting pitchers. My objective was to stay out of his way. I had maybe six or seven conversations with him the whole year. There wasn't really a need for more.
- Eric Stephen at True Blue LA writes about AJ Ellis and arbitration.
- With the recent influx of Cuban ballplayers into the Majors, Gary Ashwill at Agate Type takes a look at the first Cubans to play in the American minor leagues in 1904.
- I found this story hilarious. Charlie Sheen, in a drunken filled episode, gave away his prized Babe Ruth autographed Baseball to Zach Efron, via Big League Stew. BTW, the British press has it wrong. No Ruth autographed Baseball has every sold for a value near $2.6Mil.
- Below is a Happy Holidays message from the Dodgers.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *