You can expects some strange happenings when you hold the Winter Meetings in Nashville; like watching Tommy Lasorda sing an Elvis tune. Pic via twitter @Dodgers, via @SteveGiglio.
- I always forget that this time of year is filled with more rumors than you can shake a stick at. I also forget that a vast majority of these rumors are a load of bunk. In other words, they are entirely made up. It's best just to ignore the babble and wait patiently for real news to come to light.
- Here's a great article by Tom Verducci at SI on the analytical Zach Grienke.
- Bill Shaikin of the LA Times reports on twitter that the Dodgers submitted a long-term offer to Hyun-Jin Ryu. Dylan Hernandez of the LA Times reported that a counteroffer has been made. They have until Sunday to work out a deal.
- Via Dylan Hernandez, Dodgers Hope Hanley Ramirez can Overcome Shortcomings.
Colletti and Manager Don Mattingly acknowledge that Ramirez has to play better defense than he did after he was acquired from the Miami Marlins in July. But they say they are confident he will.
"I kind of feel like Hanley can do anything," Mattingly said.
- Chad Moriyama takes a look at the upcoming Rule 5 Draft, and potential Dodger prospects who might get picked up.
- The Stanley Cup visited the Upper Deck offices yesterday. Check out their blog which has plenty of pics.
- From the Hauls of Shame, numerous documents related to Ford Frick remain missing (stolen) from the Hall of Fame and the National Baseball Library. This kind of thing makes me very sad.
- Chaos and Kanji goes to a Saitama Seibu Lions Baseball game in Japan.
- Andre Ethier sent out a great holiday greeting to the kids at Children's Hospital Los Angeles. Photos from his recent visit to the hospital is right here.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *