This coming Saturday will be the 28th annual Kingdom Day Parade in South Los Angeles, and Matt Kemp will be its celebrity Grand Marshall.
The Kingdom Day Parade was put together to recognize Martin Luther King day, and is southern California’s largest King Day celebration. It commemorates the life and legacy of civil rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and wife Coretta Scott King.
Joining Kemp will be other Dodger alumni; including Bobby Castillo, Tommy Davis, Al “The Bull” Ferrara, “Sweet” Lou Johnson, Lee Lacy, Kenny Landreaux, Tim Leary, Wes Parker, Dennis Powell, Derrel Thomas and Maury Wills. They will be riding atop the Dodger fire truck. The Dodgers are a sponsor of the 28th annual Kingdom Day parade, themed “His Dream Will Never Die.”
Below are the particulars:
- 10:30 a.m. Parade begins from Martin Luther King Jr Blvd. and Western Ave.
- 11:00 a.m. Live telecast on KABC-TV starting from Crenshaw and King Blvd.
Below is a map detailing the festivities. I know the map below is dated for the 2010 parade, but I understand that this coming Saturdays event will follow along the same route.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *