Just 17 days til Opening Day. Excited doesn't begin to explain how I feel. Pic via the Dodgers on twitter.
- Sons of Steve Garvey makes note of a bunch of Dodgers' signs popping up all over LA.
- A redditor named conch9 posted up a great article on Vin Scully on a blog that is well worth a read. Check it out here at Dodgers Insider.
I was trying to rack my brain, trying to figure out how to end this article on the man I’ve grown to respect and love so much. There was nothing I could think of that would possibly personify the amount of respect I have. Along the same lines, nothing I could ever say would explain why exactly I even decided to sit down and write this. Then it finally hit me. I’ll do what Vin Scully is known so well for doing. Whenever there is a big moment that he’s covering, he doesn’t talk at all. He lets the crowd, and the sounds and images of the game become his voice.
- During Hall of Fame Weekend Dr. Frank Jobe will be honored in salute to the game's impact on culture, via the HOF.
The Museum will also recognize Dr. Frank Jobe for the development of the historic elbow procedure, known as “Tommy John Surgery,” that has helped hundreds of major league players past, present and future extend their baseball careers. John, the former left-handed pitcher who won 288 games in his 26-year major league career, will join Dr. Jobe for the special recognition.
- JP Hoornstra at Inside the Dodgers ask "What's Next for Dodgers' Pitcher Zack Greinke."
Greinke won’t pitch “until he’s ready to actually be able to throw like everybody else who’s going to leave spring training,” Mattingly said. “Kersh (Clatyon Kershaw) and everybody else, he’s going to have to be at that level. It’s not like late in the season, ‘if he can give us 70 pitches, we’ll take it.’ In a sense (Greinke is) just like Carl (Crawford). When he starts I want him to be able to continue on.”
- Roberto at Vin Scully is My Homeboy lets us know that the guest appearances by Andre Ethier and Matt Kemp on The Cleveland Show will air this coming Sunday. He shares a video featuring the two Dodgers.
- Via Dylan Hernandez on twitter, Matt Kemp praises Yasiel Puig.
|(twitter link: @DylanHernandez)|
- Mark Saxon at ESPN poses one big question for every Dodger player.
- Kevin Nelson at Sports Collectors Daily rehashes the disgusting tale of the FBI's "Operation Bullpen" forged autograph scandal. I have to admit that I have one of these fake Joe DiMaggio autographs. It's embarrassing to say, because I knew almost immediately that I had been had. It just took me awhile to admit it to myself.
- Bad, Bad Leroy Brown sung live by Jim Croce.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *