Here's a look at the front cover of the 2013 Dodgers Media Guide. Pic via twitter @Dodgers.
- "Mattingly in awe of Puig's continued tear," via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com.
"I don't know if I've seen anybody do something like this," Mattingly said after Puig went 3-for-3 with a homer, stolen base, three runs scored and two RBIs, raising his spring average to .459 in an 8-1 win over the Royals. "You don't see this kind of package, a Bo Jackson-type package."
- Dustin Nosler at Feelin' Kinda Blue is in Arizona and shares a video of Dodgers' prospect Corey Seager batting.
- "Juan Uribe 'more quiet, more relaxed' at plate," via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA.
"For us he's been hitting the ball solid. We've seen it in BP, we've seen it in games, even when he doesn't get hits," Mattingly said. "He gets a couple today, one gets in the lights and one was a swinging bunt, but he's kind of earned those with line outs. Those even out a little bit, so it was a good night for him."
- DJ Short at Hardball Talk provides his 2013 Dodgers Preview.
- JP Hoornstra at Inside the Dodgers makes note of something Stan Kasten recently said during the SABR Conference in Arizona that is pertinent to the Dodgers.
- Tyler Kepner at the NY Times writes about AJ Ellis' long jouney to success.
“It’s funny, I spoke to the minor league players the other day, and they were asking about my approach,” Ellis said. “Half-joking and half-serious, I said: ‘The reason I took so many pitches back when I was younger was because I stunk. I knew I couldn’t hit.’ I tried to be very patient and get in predictable fastball counts because that was my best chance.”
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *