Above, former Dodger Ron Roenicke and Tommy Lasorda share a moment at the St. Patrick's Day game yesterday. Pic via Jon SooHoo/ LA Dodgers 2013. See more pics from the day over here.
- Dan DeLuca at news-press.com writes of the "Dodgers' Impact Vanishing in Vero Beach."
“As new people move into the community they don’t have that nostalgic feeling,” said Indian River County Commissioner Peter O’Bryan, who’s lived in Vero Beach for 29 years. “Every year that goes by, there’s less and less of that out there.”
- Left Field Pavilion makes an incredible Matt Kemp '42' movie poster. It's a must see.
- Javy Guerra has been sent back down to the minors, via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com.
"He was behind [physically] and really never caught up and ran out of time," manager Don Mattingly said. "We're going to stretch him out to where he's a National League long man, two to three innings, so he can keep working on his mix of pitches and knowing he'll pitch on a regular day."
- Tony Gwynn Jr. has also been sent to the minors, via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA.
- Spiegel at Nomo's Sushi Platter blog shares his meeting with Vin Scully.
- Mike Bauman at MLB.com writes "Blue-Collar Colletti at Helm of New-Look Dodgers."
"People talk about the payroll, 'Oh, gee, the payroll's over $200 million,'" Colletti said Sunday in an interview with MLB.com at Camelback Ranch. "You know, we were at $90 million last year. You're the Dodgers and you play in Los Angeles at Dodger Stadium, and you've got a chance to draw almost four million people a year. And you've got two great baseball cities in Boston and Philly, and their payrolls have been in the $170-$180 [million] range, with two smaller ballparks, too, two smaller areas. If that's where they're at and the Yankees are way up there, too, shouldn't we be somewhere between the Yankees and those two clubs with our payroll, $190-$200[million]?
- Steve Gifford shares some pics of new rehabbed Dodger Stadium on his tumblr account. (Hat Tip: Roberto at VSIMH)
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *