The Collegiate a capella group the Yale Whiffenpoofs sang the National Anthem last night at Dodger Stadium. Pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2013. Check out more pics from yesterday; including photos of Hello Kitty and Brittany Spears in the dugout.
- Steve Garvey did an interview on Good Day LA yesterday to talk about the SCP Auction of his memorabilia from his career and his battle with cancer. Watch it here.
- "Chadwick Boseman On His Intense Training To Become Jackie Robinson In 42," via a video from Access Hollywood.
- Via Trulia Luxe Living Blog at AOL, Zack Greinke just purchased a $4.6Mil home in Studio City.
- "Dodgers' Zack Greinke on A.J. Ellis: 'I should have warned him'," via Steve Dilbeck at the LA Times.
"Anyone with the White Sox has always labeled me as someone who does stuff," Greinke said. "I didn't think it would happen. Looking back, I should have warned him."
- Greg Zakwin at Chad Moriyama.com does a great job updating us on the current Dodgers' injuries hampering the team.
- Jon Weisman at Dodger Thoughts wonders if the problem with the Dodger is a new curse.
- The Dutch Card Guy shows off his recent purchase of Clayton Kershaw autographed cards. I am very envious.
- Gary Joseph Cieradkowski at The Infinite Baseball Card Set shares his Jackie Robinson card creation.
I tried to depict Robinson as being full of confidence, ready to take the field for the first time, the weight of a whole race upon his able shoulders. It was an important day and I wanted to make this an important drawing.
- Our old friend Jerry Sands has been suspended for a little altercation in the minors, via Charlie Wilmoth at Bucs Dugout.
- I enjoyed this article on high school player and potential draftee Manny Ramirez Jr, via Les Carpenter at Yahoo.
The bat, long and thin and dipped in black paint, can’t weigh more than 34 ounces, but it is the name on the barrel – the one printed in gold – that makes the lumber so heavy. Manny Ramirez Jr. smiles as he touches the letters. For 17 years he’s lived with this name and the stares and looks and jokes that come with it until he can do nothing but shake his head. Son of Manny. That’s who he is.
- I just thought I would let you all know that next week is the start of National Parks Week throughout the country. From April 22nd to the 26th, all National Parks entrance fees are waived. Go here for more information.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *