Check out these incredible photo's that were tweeted out by the @Dodgers from Opening Day 1962, yesterday. If any of you'll have photo's from this far back please send them along to me. I would love to post them up.
- Do you see something strange about the below receipt from a bay area restaurant? Taco Shops and Underdogs in San Francisco adds a Dodgers' fan tax. Via Reddit, shstmo.
|(pic link: Reddit: shstmo)|
- Louie Lazar at the NY Times writes a great story featuring the oldest living Brooklyn Dodger, Mike Sandlock.
Sandlock said the modern game irks him. “Bunt, hit and run — they don’t do that anymore!” he said with a groan. “Everything is the long ball.”Sandlock added, “I mean, a guy on first and second, jeez, bunt that guy to third. Get that one run if you can!”
- I hate linking to TMZ, so I'll link to Huffington Post instead. Magic Johnson has shown me that he is an awesome dad. He recently spoke about his gay son and the support he and his wife have given him.
"I told him, 'Hey, we are here to support you, man. We are gonna love you no matter who you are, what you do. We just want you to love yourself and also make sure that you have all the information,'" he told TMZ's Harvey Levin in a candid interview. "And that's what I wanted to give him. Just provide him with advice and guidance."
- I want this jersey to burn so badly. Reggie Jackson's 1977 World Series jersey that he wore when he belted 5 homers; including 3 in the deciding Game 6, will be on auction with SCP. Watch Reggie talk about the jersey and auction on Bloomberg TV, here.
- Left Field Pavilion makes some great homemade retro card of Greinke, Punto and Lilly.
- Curbed LA shares a bunch of photos of refurbished Dodger Stadium.
- "Dodger Dogs vs. Super Dodger Dogs: The Great Debate," Vic Diaz at Dodgers Nation.
And just when we thought the perfection that is the Dodger Dog couldn’t get any better, it up and did. We were introduced to the Super Dodger Dog: the all-beef, sesame-seed bun wrapped amazement that could be described as the Dodger original on steroids.
- Greg Zakwin at Plaschke Thy Sweater is Argyle post up a video interview with Matt Kemp from yesterday.
- Via David Brown at Big League Stew, she shares a video of Manny Ramirez's 1st home run in Taiwan. The hometown fans and announced go absolutely crazy.
- I think that as a society, we are way too sensitive. Case in point, Rays Index tells us about a incident with the team mascot and a fan-made poster that apparently ruffled some gills. I thought it was funny (in a morbid kind of way) ... and probably tasteless, but still funny.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *