Check out Hyun-Jin Ryu hanging out with some kids on Asian Heritage Day in Atlanta this past weekend. Pic via twitter @Dodgers.
- YOU ALL MUST READ THIS. Jon Weisman at Dodger Thoughts rationally writes about the current state of the Dodgers. Thank goodness he is still plugging away.
And the season might be over, except for this. For all their problems, Los Angeles is still somehow only seven games out of first place. The Giants, in case you haven’t noticed, have their own cauldron of concerns. And Arizona and Colorado … I just don’t know. I can’t see them not hitting their own skid. I can’t see it.
- Via Bill Shaikin at the LA Times, "Clayton Kershaw is a Dodgers star now but it almost didn't happen."
- Ben Lindbergh at Grantland interviews former Dodger Russell Martin on the art of pitch framing.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Mattingly asks Gordon to harness aggressiveness."
"I talked to Dee, and he said as soon as he peeled off, he felt he was in Carl's way," said Mattingly. "He knows he went too far. He was in no-man's land. It was kind of borderline. You want him to be aggressive, but you don't want bloopers dropping. It's a fine line. You want him to learn from it. You don't want to see it again. Part of it is knowing Carl plays shallow."
- Dayn Perry at CBS Sports writes, "Pondering Ned Colletti's worst decision."
- Sports Collectors Daily has a rundown on the final auction sale prices from REA. A Babe Ruth Baltimore News rookie card sold for $450,300 in PSA 1 (poor) condition, and the Sandy Koufax 1963 game-worn jersey sold for $201,450. Wow!
- Ken Rosenthal at Fox Sports writes that Don Mattingly's days as the Dodgers coach may soon be coming to an end.
- Bill Shaikin at the LA Times reports this morning that the Dodgers have no plans to fire Don Mattingly, via a club spokesman.
- All I can say is wow! Here is a short movie called "Cargo" that was a 2013 finalist at Tropfest.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *