“Que viva Cuba, viva Puig!” -Vin Scully. Pic via Dodgers tumblr. Wow! Really? Can Puig be this good?
- Via Lyle Spencer at MLB.com, "For super scout, just another manic discovery: Dodgers' Brito, responsible for Fernandomania, sees his latest find, Puig, shine in debut."
"Puig is the 32nd player I signed to make it to the big leagues in my 34 years in the organization," (Mike) Brito said. "It's a great feeling."
Known for his white Panama hat and the radar gun he held behind home plate at Dodger Stadium before readings became commonplace, Brito watched the Dodgers' right fielder deliver a Major League debut of cinematic proportions on Monday night. It had everything but a baseball off Puig's bat exploding the scoreboard.
* 2nd player in major-league history to have a two-homer, five-RBI game within the first two games of his career (Dino Restelli, 1949 Pittsburgh Pirates).
* 1st Dodgers player to have a multi-HR game within the first two games of his major-league career.
* 2nd Dodgers player ever to have a two-homer, five-RBI game from the leadoff spot (Tommy Brown, 1950).
- With Puig's sudden rise to prominence, let the trade rumors begin. Check out this funny meme-style pic sent out by parody twitterer @NotYasielPuig.
- So, is this the Puig dance? Check out Ryu and Puig performing some hilarious hijinks on the Dodgers Vine.
- Chad Moriyama goes gif crazy on Puig.
- For a bunch of great pic from yesterday check out Jon SooHoo's Photog blog.
- Check out Vin Scully's Puig home run call - “Que viva Cuba, viva Puig!” - as a ringtone, via RandallJSanders on twitter. (Hat Tip: JP Hoornstra at Inside the Dodgers)
- Check out this great gif I ran into on reddit by puress90 that I think should clear everything up.
- I totally missed this yesterday. Apparently, a skunk invaded the reserve section of Dodger Stadium, via Mike Oz at Big League Stew. Pic via twitter @LordBobbyConner.
- I guess this is good news. Via Dylan Hernandez at the LA Times, "For Dodgers' Josh Beckett, surgery not currently planned".
"Any time something like that happens to your arm or you start losing feeling and stuff ... you think about it for sure," Beckett said. "I don't really want to think like that right now. I want to think about figuring out a way to deal with this."
- Scott Miller at CBS Sports tells us more about Beckett's diagnosis on twitter.
- Unfortunately, Vin Scully will not be going to the games at Yankee Stadium, via Bill Shaikin at the LA Times.
- If you haven't already heard, up to 20 suspensions are coming for PED's; including Ryan Braun, via ESPN.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *