Ricky Nolasco was masterful yesterday. Pic above via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2013.
- BTW, the Dodgers "Magic Number" is now 21!
- "Jackie Robinson at the March on Washington, D.C. 50 years ago," via David Brown at Big League Stew.
- "Dodgers' Matt Kemp to play in at least three minor league games," via Dylan Hernandez at the LA Times.
- "Ricky Nolasco trade paying off nicely," via Mark Saxon at ESPN.
Since the Dodgers landed Nolasco from the Miami Marlins on July 6, he is 6-1 with a 2.20 ERA.
- "Ricky Nolasco would like to re-sign with the Dodgers," via JP Hoornstra at Inside the Dodgers.
“My teammates have been doing a great job of welcoming me here,” Nolasco said after blanking the Cubs. “As far as what the future holds, we’re just going to have to wait and see what happens. I’m from here, and this is where I want to be. We’ll just see what happens.
- "The trouble with Yasiel Puig …," via Tony Jackson at Dodger Scribe.
“(Mattingly) told me I need to prepare well for each pitch. It was the right decision. He felt (Skip) Schumaker could come in and did a better job.”
“Everybody on this team, all these guys, are giving 100 percent. Anybody else can come in and do the job. I am not the best one on the team.”
Personally, I find this whole thing to be overblown. Mattingly appeared to handle it well, Puig responded maturely and appropriately, and the team looks more united than ever. Remember, the clubhouse has no responsibility to tell us every gritty detail. They are not a reality tv show!
- "Edwin Jackson, 10 years later," via Jon Weisman at Dodger Thoughts.
- "Dodgers sign Edinson Volquez. Obviously they’re thinking … I don’t know what they’re thinking," via Chad Moriyama.
- Jon Heyman at CBS Sports notes that the Dodgers might not be so cash rich after they put together a big contract for Clayton Kershaw.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *