The Dynamic Trio. Pic above via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2013. Check out more pics he took yesterday over here.
- "David Price’s dog Astro receives assortment of gifts from Dodgers, " By Mark Townsend at Big League Stew.
- "Dodgers Notebook: Yasiel Puig continues to learn on the job in outfield," via Jill Painter at the Daily News.
"(We) just keep trying to teach, as much as anything," Mattingly said. "(I'm) not really frustrated. Just want him to get better. Everyone makes mistakes. Obviously, we don't want to make them over and over."
- "Don Mattingly has considered batting Zack Greinke 8th," via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA.
"With Dee, against a left-handed pitcher, it would make more sense to hit Zack eighth. Zack can really hit. You can't look at him like a pitcher. I would use this guy as a pinch hitter. Every day he's available, we have him spiked up. We don't do it the day before he pitches ever, and it kind of depends on the day ever," Mattingly said. "You don't feel like you're down a guy because we'd use him."
- Tony Jackson at Dodger Scribe shares a post-game video of Clayton Kershaw. Then he follow that up with a report from last nights game, "The same old Kershaw, except with some run support and a victory thrown in".
- Zach Hample made a recent visit to Dodger Stadium and shares a bunch of photos.
- Via Jimmi Adair at the Bush League Chronicles, check out "Video: Watch the best game-ending wiffle ball catch ever."
The game was part of the 12th annual Travis Roy Wiffle Ball Tournament, which raised over $500,000 for spinal cord research this year.
- Via Andrew Shortall at the Glendale News-Press writes, "Jim Smiley holds hidden baseball Hall of Fame collection: Crescenta Valley High teacher, former Falcons boys' basketball coach's Hall of Fame baseball collection is something that is rarely seen outside of Cooperstown."
“At some point, you amass some players you’re looking for — some Dodgers maybe — and then all of a sudden you realize you have a lot of hall of fame players and then you wonder what it would be like to collect hall of fame signatures,” Smiley said. “Your collection kind of matures, and at some point I realized there’s quite a good collection of guys and it’d be interesting to kind of go for it a bit.”
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *