Check out the newest cover of The Hollywood Reporter featuring Yasiel Puig. It was tweeted by Janice Min, the Editorial Director of the magazine. She also shares a couple of photos from the issue.
- Naver.com shares a bunch of pics from yesterday's game; including photos featuring Hyun-Jin Ryu.
- The Twins and Dodgers complete the "player to be named later" portion of the Drew Butera trade, via Steve Adams at MLB Trade Rumors. The Dodgers send pitching prospect Miguel Sulbaran to the Twins. Chad Moriyama and Dustin Nosler at Feelin' Kinda Blue think we gave up too much. I think the Dodger scouts don't value him as much as they do.
- Hanley Ramirez is suppose to start today, via a tweet from David Vassegh of AM570.
Don Mattingly said Ramirez will start tomorrow
— David Vassegh (@THEREAL_DV) August 13, 2013
- "A Brian Wilson activation may be imminent," via Tony Jackson at Dodger Scribe.
- Andre was sent to the hospital yesterday. Via Steve Dilbeck at the LA Times, "Dodgers want to rule out compartment syndrome with Andre Ethier".
“All [the tests] came back negative,” Mattingly said. “It’s just this thing keeps hanging on. He may be ready [Wednesday], maybe not, but [he’ll return] Friday for sure.”
- Dodger Penguin tells the tale of how he got a game-used Ryu jersey during Think Cure weekend at Dodger Stadium. Congrats!
- Zack Hample spent a second day at Dodger Stadium and shares over 50 photos from the day. This guy gets around.
- Adam Thomas at Beachball Delay writes a funny entry into Juan Uribe's journal: "Juan Annoying Team".
My locker. I still can't believe they did that to me over the weekend. I finally had it organized just the way I like it. Empanadas here, colognes and hot sauces there, jerseys, lobster bibs, my warmup jacket and cape I wear for clubbing were all hanging up neatly. All my equipment, chargers, "Saved By The Bell" DVD's, shoes, shower scrubbies and my deep fryer were neatly arranged.
- If Charlie Parker Was a Gunslinger... shares a great pic of a young Bobby Fischer playing Baseball.
- Via Sean Leahy at Puck Daddy, "Vote now: Force AHL team (Manchester Monarchs) to wear LA Kings’ infamous Burger King jersey". Please vote. It would be hilariously cruel.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *