Ryu and Puig greet a couple of kids in the visitors clubroom in Philadelphia. Pic via Jon SooHoo/ LA Dodgers 2013. See more pics from yesterday here.
- ICYMI: "Are Skunks the Dodgers Good Luck Charm"
- "Zack Greinke Getting By Without His Best Pitch," via Mike Petriello at Mike Scioscia's Tragic Illness.
- Dodgers on Rampage through West," via Murray Chass.
“We had guys who started slowly,” Kasten said. “We also had injuries. That’s not an excuse; everyone has injuries. But we had a carousel of injuries. Every week we had a guy injured and we lost him for a week or two. Once we hit a rhythm with most of our guys on the field we played the way we thought we could play. We finally had a steady, stable lineup on the field.”
- Josh Suchon writes on his blog (Out of Ink) about the PCL realignment and how it affects the Isotopes and Dodgers.
- Ken Gurnick at MLB.com tells us that Ricky Nolasco was named after Rick Monday.
"So when I got traded to the Dodgers, my dad got all crazy," said Nolasco, who starts for Los Angeles on Sunday. "It was kind of surreal. And cool. My first day with the team, I got interviewed by Rick, and I sent my dad pictures. He was excited. My dad always talked about Rick Monday."
- "Brian Wilson will be activated “in a day or two”, via Drew Silva at Harball Talk.
- Left Field Pavilion shares a bunch of pics he took while attending a Dodgers/Phillies game in Philadephia.
- Dodger Penguin had a very busy Saturday. He travelled all over the Southland to get some Baseball autographs. Here he gets Jose Altulve, then Dennis Martinez, and finally Steve Yeager at the Sports Authority.
- Via Bill Plaschke at the LA Times, "The setup men for a gimpy Gibson’s immortal World Series homer: A grown batboy, a lost slugger and an old scout remember their roles in Kirk Gibson’s game-winning homer in the 1988 World Series."
- "Panini America Previews the On-Card Autos Coming to 2013 Hometown Heroes Baseball," via Tracy Hackler at The Knights Lance (Panini's blog). Check out the Davey Lopes card below.
- Via Maury Brown at the Daily Gammons, "The Blame for PEDs in Baseball Begins with You".
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *