Chris Olds at Beckett recently shared some preview picks from 2014 Topps Museum Collection; including the above Yasiel Puig jersey nameplate box-topper. Check out his post for more preview pics.
- Murray Chass shares his recent discussion with Vin Scully in his latest piece entitled, "TALE OF THE ANCIENT BASEBALL DUO".
“It’s not just the game but I love the roar of the crowd,” Scully said. “I enjoy going to the ball park and seeing and hearing the people. I say hello to the women who run the elevator and the guards outside the press box. I respect and admire the new management. It’s difficult walking away from it.”
- "25th anniversary: Hershiser’s streak begins," via Chris Jaffe at Hardball Times.
- "Kemp gets five at-bats as DH in first rehab game," via Austin Laymance at MLB.com.
- "Honeycutt's wisdom reverberates through organization," via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com.
"That proved to me, hands down, Honey is the most valuable member of the organization," said Ellis. "I didn't realize, until I had his full plate of preparation, all the work he had. I hear pitchers say Rick Honeycutt is the best pitching coach they've ever worked with. That makes me feel I'm working with the best. There's nobody else I'd want to learn from."
- "Dodgers scout: Yasiel Puig benching was right, should send message," via JP Hoornstra of the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin.
“I was surprised that he acted like that,” Brito said of Puig. “I think the manager did a good thing to take him out. I think he did the right thing, because you’re supposed to play harder. That’s what you get paid for.”
- Here are a bunch of pics from Clayton Kershaw's Ping Pong 4 Purpose event last night. From the Dodgers tumblr. From Sons of Steve Garvey. Action photos from Sons of Steve Garvey Part 1. And more action photos from Sons of Steve Garvey Part 2. Jon SooHoo has a bunch of pics, as well.
- BTW, if you haven't already seen it, here was a little promo video KErshaw and Eric Stonestreet put together for Funny or Die. Link here.
- "Coming to praise the season of Dodgers' outfielder Andre Ethier," via Steve Dilbeck at the LA Times.
- Watch Stacy Marlow's youtube video where she opens up her Topps redemption package to show us her Babe Ruth autographed relic card. She is literally shaking from excitement. Congrats! (Hat Tip: Becket.com)
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *