Last night, U.S. Army Sergeant Matthew Merkle of Westlake Village hung out with R2D2 on Star Wars Night. He was the Veteran of the Game. Pic via Jon SooHoo/ LA Dodgers 2013.
- BTW, the Dodgers "Magic Number" is now 19.
- Via Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA, "Will A.J. Ellis make a good manager?"
- "Dodgers September roster expansion probabilities: Van Slyke, Withrow, Butera, and friends," via Chad Moriyama.
- "The Dodgers Are So Hot Even Their Pitchers Are Mashing," via Jonah Keri at Grantland.
- Via Jon Rosen at LA Kings Insider, COO of AEG Sports (the owner of the Kings) discuss' the planning behind the hockey game at Dodger Stadium.
On opportunities to use the ice in the days after the Kings-Ducks game:
I don’t think you’ll see any other major ticketed event because, again, the logistics of…the ice surface needs to go, I think, from Los Angeles to Vancouver, so it’d have to be out by Wednesday. So we are looking at additional ancillary types of events to potentially allow people to come into Dodger Stadium and participate with the ice condition, but again, that’s all pretty preliminary. The first stage is kind of getting through the timing and the schedule, and the next piece is now looking at things and opportunities for people to interact within a pretty unique environment. Our goal would be to line that stuff up and make certain announcements over the next couple months.
- Cards That Never Were makes an awesome 1967 Topps All-Star card of Sandy Koufax.
- Rich Mueller at Sports Collectors Daily puts together a nice report on the Burbank Sports Cards Baseball card empire. Wow!
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *