The August edition of Dodgers Magazine features Clayton Kershaw wearing his All-Star jersey and the cover story is highlighted by his fellow All-Stars talking about Kershaw’s dominant pitching.
- RIP, Joshua Jones. I have to tell ya, this really pulled at my heartstrings. I'm thankful that Kemp and the rest of the Dodgers were able to ease his pain and provide to him a lasting joy. Joshua really seemed like a good kid with a big heart. I hope all of Dodger nation takes a moment to remember him.
- Here's a nice story about Hyun-Jin Ryu's interpreter, Martin Kim at Chosun Media.
- Check out photos from Ryu's game last night via Naver.com.
- The 10th issue of Dodgers Playbill features Dodger outfielder Andre Ethier sporting the Dodger Knit Cap giveaway (August 13 vs. NYM). See it on the right.
- "Gordon repays Mattingly's confidence," via Chad Thornburg at MLB.com.
- BTW, during this coming Sunday's Viva los Dodgers celebration before the game, Ricky Nolasco will be signing free autographs - starting at 3:05 PM for about 1/2 an hour.
- "Dodgers finally fulfilling the formula," via Arash Markazi at ESPN.
"I think we always knew we were capable of doing something big," Mattingly said. "When we left spring training, we talked about 100 wins. That was our goal. I don't even know what our record is right now. I don't know if that's possible."
- This is really awesome. Via Open Culture, "The 10-Minute, Never-Released, Experimental Demo of The Beatles’ “Revolution” (1968)"
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *