The Dodgers win on the backs of 8 stellar innings from Clayton Kershaw and a 3 run jack by Juan Uribe in the 9th inning. Of course, those latter runs wouldn't really matter since Kershaw was so great, but it was very helpful in keeping our bullpen fresh. Instead of bringing in Jansen to finish off the game, the Dodgers had the luxury of using Brandon League to mop things up.
We have now won 10 straight games, and 42 games over the last 50. Not since the 1942 Cardinals has a club played a better stretch of 50 games in the Majors.
Below are some more interesting stats:
- This is the first 10-game winning streak for the Dodgers since 2006, when they won 11 straight.
- They haven't lost their last 17 series.
- Since the All-Star break they are 25-3.
- They are 19-1 in their last 20 road games. The previous team to win 19 of 20 road games was the 1916 New York Giants, according to STATS.
- The Dodgers have also won 6 straight in Philadelphia.
- Collectively, Dodgers pitching has thrown 27 straight scoreless innings.
- This win was the 16th shut out for the Dodgers - this leads the Majors.
- Clayton Kershaw won his very first game against the Phillies in his career.
- He also lowered his league leading ERA to 1.80 - nearly half a run lower than the next starting pitcher.
- Kershaw also leads the National League in strike outs with 182.
- He has now gotten into the 8th inning 6 times this season - 3 more than any other starting pitcher in the Majors.
- Over the last 20 games, Dodger starters have gone 14-1 with a 1.84 ERA.
- With Uribe's home run last night, he now has hit more home runs this season than he has over the previous 2 seasons as a Dodger.
|(.gif via Dodgers tumblr)|
Pic at the very top via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2013.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *