Yasiel Puig belted his 17th home run last night, pic via Dodgers tumblr. The Dodgers couldn't close it out last night, but they'll have an opportunity this afternoon.
- "Adrian making major impact on LA Latino community," via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com.
- Do you remember John Ely? If you do, check out his interview with him by Aiden Weber at The Columbia Chronicle.
- "Four-outfielder issue actually a huge asset," via Mark Saxon at ESPN.
- Topps unveiled a preview image of an autographed 2013 Bowman Chrome card of rookie Onelki Garcia. This set is supposed to come out early next month. Click on the pic on the right to embiggen.
- Topps also unveiled a preview image of a 2013 Heritage MiLB relic card of Joc Pederson. This set officially goes live next week. Click on the pic on the left to embiggen.
- Good Guy Kemp does it again. Only, a little differently. Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Kemp flies Dodgers' bat boys into Phoenix".
- Eric Stephen at True Blue LA discusses, "The Hanley Ramirez plan".
"Whatever we have to do to get him right," Mattingly said. "It's going to be a matter of keeping him sharp but getting plenty of rest."
- "High-stakes call in Arizona pads case for replay," via Barry Bloom at MLB.com. Replays showed it was an obvious bad call. Sometimes that's how the cookie crumbles.
"It changes the game right there," Mattingly said after his club's clinching party was delayed at least one more day because of the 9-4 loss to the D-backs. "It would have been 4-3 with [one] out. Yeah, it would have been great to be able to use [replay]. Nothing against the umpires, but all we want to do is get it right. Let's get it right."
- "Missed opportunities, managerial miscues and celebrations delayed," via Tony Jackson at Dodger Scribe. Tony has some hard criticism on Mattingley's managerial decisions.
- I love this. "Adrian Gonzalez ejected for telling umpire to hustle," via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA. You gotta keep the umpires on their toes.
Gonzalez was standing on second base after what he thought was an RBI double that would have brought the Dodgers to within 4-3. But Young was called out at home plate. Not by home plate umpire Joe West, but rather by first base umpire Jim Joyce, as the umpires were on a rotation with a ball hit into left field.
Gonzalez didn't think Joyce was in proper position to make the call.
"He's got to go from first base to home," Gonzalez said. "I was more mad that he was not in position to make the call. It's not that he wanted to get it wrong, it's that he didn't see it."
- Yasiel Puig: Rapid Fire - Yasiel Puig answers a barrage of rapid fire questions. Find out whether he prefers twitter to instagram and who he thinks is the Dodgers best looking player. Watch the video here.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *