Andre Ethier pinch-hit on Sunday in San Diego. He struck out. The pic above is via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2013.
- "Vin Scully Way coming soon to Los Angeles?" Via KABC.
"There's no honor that could be too great for Vin Scully, and I absolutely would love to rename a street for him. We'll look at a few around the stadium as a possibility," said Garcetti. "I know there's been a lot in the Twittersphere, a lot of people tweeting and Facebooking about this."
The question that prompted the discussion came in from a viewer, who happens to be Scully's daughter-in-law, asking to change Stadium Way to Vin Scully Way.
- Vin Scully, as expected, rejects the idea of naming a street after him. Via Dylan Hernandez at the LA Times:
“The mayor of Los Angeles has a great deal more important things to do than name a street after me,” Scully said in the statement. “And if he is considering the idea, better the street should be named after Walter or Peter O’Malley than myself.”
- There was one Dodger not in Arizona when they clinched the Western Division, but he had a good excuse. Reliever Chris Withrow was home in Texas for the birth of his first child. Congrats, Chris! Arash Markazi at ESPN has the story.
- Michael Young is eyeing retirement, via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com.
- "Brian Wilson signing working out well," via Mark Saxon at ESPN.
- "Dodgers' Kenley Jansen well-armed from both sides ," via Kevin Baxter at the LA Times. Jansen does everything left-handed, except throwing a Baseball.
- Panini shared a bunch of preview pic of some autographed cards from their upcoming 2013 Hometown Heroes Baseball card set. Check out the Steve Yeager card on the right.
- Rabbithole on Reddit shared a great aerial pic of the very first San Francisco home game between the Dodgers and Giants.
- Tony Jackson at Dodger Scribe notes that, "There is evidence Dodgers may be hitting their stride again".
- Here's an AJ Ellis song about Dingers - "The Wonderful Thing about Dingers".
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *