I get that Don Mattingly made an ill advised decision to pinch run for Adrian Gonzalez, but I don't believe last nights loss rested solely on that. The fact remains that the Dodgers left 24 runners on base; including early game rallies that should have yielded more than 2 runs. Pic above of Mattingly via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2013.
- Clayton Kershaw has another award for his mantel place. The Spahn Award is presented annually to the best left-handed pitcher in Major League Baseball and is based on a pitcher’s wins, strikeouts and earned run average.
Congratulations to Clayton Kershaw for winning the 2013 The Warren Spahn Award... http://t.co/NycNYfmMGm
— Warren Spahn Award (@SpahnAward) October 11, 2013
This is the second time he has won the Spahn Award. Kershaw won it in 2011.
“It is such an honor to represent Warren Spahn and his many accomplishments on the mound,” Kershaw said. “Thank you to the Bricktown Rotary Club for awarding me this prestigious honor. I'm ever so grateful for your ongoing support. Lord willing, I look forward to being a good steward of all this award embodies.”
- "Zack Greinke does his job in Dodgers’ Game 1 loss," via David Brown at Big League Stew.
"That was maybe the best game that I've ever caught in my life back there, as far as what I was receiving from him," Ellis said. "He was in complete command on everything. He had both sides of the plate working, and that was the best curveball's probably been all season long. For me personally, that's what hurts the most about walking out without a win."
- "Mattingly doesn't regret gamble of pulling Adrian: Removing slugger for pinch-runner twice takes bat out of Hanley's hands," via Phil Rogers at MLB.com.
"It's part of the game," he said. "You know, unfortunately it didn't pan out."
- "Ethier sits Game 2 after playing 13 innings in opener," via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com. Tony Jackson at Dodger Scribe tells us that Ethier has a sore ankle.
- Brandon Lennox at True Blue LA writes, "AFL 10/11/13 recap: Desert Dogs come out of top".
- Luis Cruz still believes.
It was a good game tonight no.pasa nada pa delante dodgers
— luis cruz (@CochitoCruz) October 12, 2013
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *