The final workout before tonight's game. Pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2013.
- Via Tom Hoffarth at Farther Off the Wall writes, "Q and A: Scully, on McCain, champange and, really, when you’re calling games in October, how can you complain?"
I have never, in all my years, have had champagne poured on me. I’m usually on the air, and way back, I would throw it to Jerry Doggett in the clubhouse, and he’d be drowned in all of that. The closest I’ve ever come to that was the 1963 World Series.
- Ben Bergman at KPCC writes that Vin may hang it up after next season.
“Right, I’m pretty well sure – and I don’t want to go back and forth with it – but I’m looking to next year and thinking that should be about it,” Scully told KPCC in a recent interview.
- I was a little worried. "Vin Scully refutes the idea that he'll retire after next season," via Steve Dilbeck at the LA Times.
“I look at each year as possibly my last,” Scully said. “Next year will be no different. It all boils down to come July or August, how I feel physically. I’ll look at how many mistakes I’ve made and if they’re coming for me yet, and how I feel.”
- "With Dodgers' offense hurting, Carl Crawford could be key in playoffs," via Dustin Nosler at Feelin' Kinda Blue.
- "Dodgers counting on Schumaker," via Mark Saxon at ESPN.
“Actually, I thought he was our best outfielder in St. Louis. He definitely has the strong arm. He’s very, very accurate and he battles out his at-bats,” McGwire said. “He does his homework, he does his studying. I’ve just got to keep him relaxed.”
- Ron's been on a roll. "Nick Buss – living the dream," via Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA.
“Getting an understanding of what it’s like up here and how things are done, there’s something to it,” said Buss. “It’s been a ton of fun up here, it’s a great team to come up with and be a part of.”
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *