Victory! 8 more wins to go! Pic above above Clayton Kershaw via @Dodgers twitter. Check out more pics from last night from Jon SooHoo, here. How great would it have been if the Dodgers brought out a mini plastic swimming pool to bask in last night?
- "Catching up with Dodgers president/CEO Kasten," via Tracy Ringolsby at MLB.com.
MLB.com: And now you are president of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Kasten: It all seems so unbelievable. … Once I saw the possibility of the situation with the Dodgers, I decided I was not going to get involved in anything else until I saw the [purchase effort] through. People would ask me, 'Why?' Simple. It was my dream gig. It's the Dodgers. I mean, the Dodgers. To me that explained it all. I was reading an article one day and it said, 'Dodgers President Stan Kasten.' I told my wife, read this. She started to read it and asked, 'How much do I have to read?' I told her, 'Just the first four words.'
- This is for charity. "Vin Scully will record your voicemail message for $299," via Aaron Gleeman at Hardball Talk.
From now until October 13 you can get various celebrities to record your outgoing voicemail message for $299 and all the money goes to the Autism Speaks charity.
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Clayton Kershaw, 'the best pitcher on the planet'".
"You don't ever want to come out of a game. You don't ever want to not pitch," said Kershaw. "Ultimately it's not my decision, but I'm never going to say I'm not ready. That's just not what you do."
- Don't worry. Matt Kemp didn't do anything last night to hurt his ankle. gif below via Dodgers on tumblr.
- Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA shares a bunch of his photos from last night.
- Tony Jackson at Dodger Scribe has some postgame video of the celebration within the Dodger clubhouse.
- "Wallach's focus on the playoffs, not managing jobs," via Ramona Shelburne at ESPN.
- Via Bill Shaikin at the LA Times, "Dodgers have no plans to sell standing-room tickets for playoffs".
- This is great news. Via Bill Shaikin at the LA Times, "Former Dodger Steve Garvey says he is 'virtually clear' of cancer". "Science, B****!"
- So, who's pitching Game 1?
Zack Greinke is casually sipping a beer in the corner. A.J. Ellis approaches him: “It’s your Game 1, buddy.”
— Pedro Moura (@PedroMoura) October 8, 2013
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *