This New Years is all about Vin Scully and the Rose Parade. As you know, he is the Grand Marshall. In the above pic he is being interviewed by Hannah Storm for ABC, pic via her twitter.
- Brian Bencomo at Pasadena Magazine shares a Q&A with Vin Scully.
The theme of this Rose Parade is “Dreams Come True.” Does that resonate with your life?
Oh, absolutely. I mean, I might not really qualify to be a Grand Marshal, but I certainly qualify under “dreams come true,” because I wanted to be a sports announcer when I was eight years old. Now that’s really rare because there were hardly any sports on radio and there was no television. So for a little kid who crawled under a big radio to listen to a college football game, to become a sports announcer and work in the big leagues, oh yes, I’m the embodiment of dream comes true.
- JP Hoornstra at Inside the Dodgers shares some language from the Puig arrest police report, and it's rather scathing.
Based on my training and experience as a Florida Highway Patrol Trooper and due to the high speed that he was traveling and the others Vehicles on the roadway. If Mr. Puig would had loss control of his vehicle or would had suffered a tire failure and crash. His mother and the two passengers would not survived as resulted of his action.
- Via Dustin Nosler at Feelin' Kinda Blue, "Dee Gordon could get one final shot to be a valuable player with the Dodgers".
- Via Rob Neyer at Baseball Nation, the Dodgers were the best at shutting down the running game in 2013, and he wonders how important is it really.
- Via David Seideman at Forbes, "Top 10 Treasure Hunting Tips For Cool Sports Memorabilia".
- Check out the Breaking Bad comic online, right here.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *