Say hello to Alexander Guerrero. He was a part of the Dodgers Community Caravan yesterday. Pic via @Dodgers on twitter.As you can see, Guerrero will be wearing #7. Other Dodgers to wear this number include Steve Yeager, James Loney, Alfredo Griffin and Hall of Famer Joe Medwick.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Guerrero brings even keel, dedication to Dodgers". On switching to 2nd base:
"The positioning, the ball off the bat, the movement -- it's all reversed," Guerrero said Friday while participating in the club's annual community caravan with Puig and 16 other Dodgers. "But anybody that plays shortstop can play any position in the infield."
- Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider has a huge collection of tweets from Fridays Dodger Community Caravan. BTW, you can view a whole bunch of pics from Dodgers photographer Juan Ocampo here.
No. 66 and No. 99. Strike that, reverse it: pic.twitter.com/WVvh4NecxM
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) January 31, 2014
- Chad Moriyama a Dodgers Digest writes, "Clutchitude: The Least Clutch Plays Of The 2013 Dodgers Season".
- Via Andrew Grant at True Blue LA writes, "Hanley Ramirez's almost historic season".
- Jakemintz at Cespedes Family Barbecue shares, "Los Angeles Dodgers Top 10 Shirseys". Awesome!
- Mike Oz at Big League Stew writes about the growing bromance of Hyun-Jin Ryu and Yasiel Puig.
- Very Nice! Kings Captain Dustin Brown has just been named the Team USA Alternate Captain for the upcoming Olympics. Congrats, Dustin! Via LA Kings website. BTW, I absolutely love Olympic hockey. There's nothing like it.
- Eno Sarris at at Hardball Times writes a great piece called, "So you want to be a beat writer..." It's a great story on the trials and tribulations of sports beat writing.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *