Don Mattingly picks up a bat. Bill Plunkett of the OC Register shared a pic on twitter of Mattingly in the batters box. He likes to get a feel for what a hitter sees against his pitchers.
- RIP, Jim Fregosi. He passed away yesterday at the age of 71. Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider writes, "Jim Fregosi’s Dodger Stadium ties". Did you know that he hit the first inside-th-park home run in Dodger Stadium history?
- JP Hoornstra at Inside the Dodgers receives a comment from Dodgers President Stan Kasten regarding an online petition seeking a reverse of their paperless ticket policy. Fans of ticket collecting will not be happy. Kasten, more or less, dismissed any concern fans have. There just hasn't been the kind of uproar needed to change their minds.
- This is great. Mark Langill at Dodger Insider writes, "Dodger position switches through the ages".
- Via Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider, "Mattingly compares Miguel Rojas’ defense to Omar Vizquel".
“You watch him take groundballs,” Mattingly said today of Rojas, “it’s like watching (Omar) Vizquel and some guys like that take ‘em. It’s just another level.”
- Jonah Keri at Grantland makes note of the 15 worst contracts in Baseball, and the Dodgers fill several spots.
- Via Mike Petriello at Dodger Digest, "Where Is Corey Seager’s Future?"
- Are you ready for some injury news? Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Shoulder issue has Puig on limited throwing program".
"We don't think it's serious, but we need to find out," Mattingly said, calling Puig's reduced throwing "precautionary."
- Via Cat Belanger at Dodger Insider, "Robin Thicke to perform at Dodger Stadium on Opening Weekend".
- Mike Petriello at Dodgers Digest takes a look at the competition at 2nd base. This is the biggest question mark on the Dodgers right now.
- Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA writes, "Jarret Martin – Doing things the right way".
“It’s been a pretty exhilarating experience,” said the Bakersfield native of his first major league spring training camp. “Being around all of these major league players is an honor and I’m just glad to be here and learn from these guys.”
- Cody Stumpo at Feelin' Kinda Blue takes a look at the Dodgers bullpen. There sure are a lot of candidates to look at.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *