Matt Kemp takes in some words of wisdom from Sandy Koufax, pic via @Dodgers on twitter.
- Listen to last nights Dodger Talk, here.
- Via Dylan Hernandez at the LA Times, "Sandy Koufax wants Yasiel Puig to improve but defends his showmanship".
“You have a great arm, you want to show it off, but I’d like to see him throw it to the right place all the time,” Koufax said. “He’s young. The biggest thing is he’s not played against competition as good as he is. So you’re always able to have your physical ability make up for whatever else you do. He’s learning. I’m sure it’s going to happen. He has too much talent.”
- Eric Stephen at True Blue LA also writes a bit about Koufax's visit to Camelback Ranch. On Clayton Kershaw:
"At 25 you don't have to adjust. Talk to me when he's 35. He just has to keep doing what he's doing, and every year he has gotten better," he said. "If he keeps getting better the sky's the limit, and if he doesn't get any better the sky's still the limit. He's a great pitcher, he's special."
- Bill Plunkett at the OC Register pens a good piece on the struggles of Chone Figgens and his desire to get back into the game.
- Topps newest Baseball card set is coming out on Wednesday. It's 2014 Topps Tribute. Check out a preview pic of a Clayton Kershaw autographed card on the right. Pic via @Toppscards on twitter.
- Via Tyler Emerick and Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "League using caution with mild lat strain". Just another potential Dodger injury to worry about.
"We don't think it's anything serious," Mattingly said. "But we want to be extra cautious, especially with the schedule we've got, we don't want anybody pushing it and winding up with something worse. Just like Zach, Brandon is feeling better and he's moving closer to getting back on the mound."
- Dodger Penguin was at the Steve Sax signing on Saturday and shares his awesome experience.
- Dodger Penguin then visited Harry's Dugout for the Jack McDowell signing, our new Dodgers Single A manager, and shares some pics.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *