Congrats, Matt! He was awarded the 'Man of the Year' by the West Angeles Community Development Corps. Pic via @Dodgers on twitter. Go here for more information about this organization.
- BTW, Pitchers & Catchers Report today. WooHoo! Be sure to check out Jon Weisman's story at Dodger Insider in preparation for Spring, "Why Spring Training records don’t matter: Exhibit 2013".
- Howard Megdal at Sports on Earth ranks "Baseball's 10 Best Giveaways", and the Dodgers took the top two spots. BTW, you can see the Dodgers' promotional schedule here. And, here is a pic of the Dodgers' Mother's Day Clutch on the right.
- Via Dustin Nosler at Dodgers Digest, "Best tools of the Dodgers’ farm system".
- Via David Golebiewski at the Daily Gammons writes, "A more patient Yasiel Puig in 2014?"
- The Dutch Card Guy claims to have had, "Best Redemption Day Ever!!!!" I am inclined to agree. He received 3 different Clayton Kershaw autographed cards from Topps.
- Josh Tucker at Dodger Insider introduces us to the Dodgers Collectible Mini Figure Game Time Set. It's like Dodgers themed Lego figurines.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Honeycutt back for another season in Dodger Blue".
"We just have to make sure that everybody stays on their throwing programs," said Honeycutt. "We won't need a fifth starter until the middle of April, which can be good and bad. There will be a lot of downtime without games. And you have no idea how the body will respond from that trip. But other teams have done it."
- Shawn Anderson at The Hall of Very Good interviews actor Lew Temple (one of the prisoners from Walking Dead); who happened to also be a former Assistant Director of Minor League Operations and Scouting for the Houston Astros. I kid you not.
I was actually let go by the Astros, none other than the great Bob "the Bull" Watson, who was the GM at the time. He told me that in his observation there was another passion that I should pay attention to outside of baseball. Acting. He said if he did not let me go from my contract with the Astros, I might never pursue it. So I really have Bob Watson to thank, as do the fans. Thanks “Bull”.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *