The field at Dodger Stadium looks fantastic, pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014.
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Dee Gordon ready for everyday opportunity".
"I'm just learning what I can handle and what I can't handle, what swings I need to take and can't take, just little things like that," Gordon explained. "Knowing what I should have done on certain pitches, being more selective at the plate, not panicking so much when I get a strike or two on me. Just ready to hit."
- Eric also writes, "Matt Kemp says he'll be ready to play home opener April 4".
"One of my biggest obstacles was trying to slide and see how that would feel," he said. "But I've conquered that."
- Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider shares some more pics of the new stadium plazas in right and left field.
- Congratulations, Joe! Via Jeff Todd at MLB Trade Rumors, former Joe Beimel has made the Opening Day roster for the Mariners. Somewhere in West Virginia, Troy is dancing.
- Via Scott Miller at MLB.com, "Beckett appears to have stranglehold on rotation spot".
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Ryu cleared to pitch Sunday's opener".
Ryu threw a 30-pitch bullpen session before Friday’s game and said he felt no further pain in his right foot. He was questionable after tearing a toenail in his first start, Sunday in Australia.
- Rich Klein at Sports Collectors Daily writes, "Rare Old Judge Card May Have Been 19th Century Inside Joke". There are unique and unusual cards like this found all of the time. This one, though, might be one of the better stories.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *