The photo above is from the Dodger exhibit at the Japanese American Museum in Los Angeles, pic via Armando Arorizo/LA Dodgers 2014. Check out more pics here. Mark Langill at the Dodger Insider wrote a story about the exhibition, here.
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Clayton Kershaw to be placed on 15-day DL." Again, I think this is all about staying on the side of caution.
"I can't pitch right now, so I'm going to have to take a few extra days," Kershaw said. "It's frustrating. Right now, it's just not getting better fast enough."
- Via Steve Dilbeck at the LA Times, "Turns out there is winner for rotation's fifth spot — Josh Beckett ." Via Don Mattingly,
“We always felt like Josh had the upper hand. But we really didn’t know where the health was going to be, how that was going to go.
- Via Scott Miller at MLB.com, "Ellis appreciates ground swell of support." AJ was at the plate when the earthquake happened on Friday.
"It felt like the crowd really came to life when I was at the plate," Ellis said Saturday afternoon. "I was like, 'I appreciate that. These guys are really into my at-bat.' "
- Chad Moriyama at Dodgers Insider writes, "Yasiel Puig’s 2014 at the plate, regression, and his late-season ‘slump’"
- David Laurila at FanGraphs writes a bit about the Dodgers biomechanical assessments of Seth Rosin and Withrow's development.
“Once I got Rule 5’d over here, they said they’d watched a lot of video of me,” said Rosin. “They saw an opportunity for me to become more efficient with my body. The process of incorporating those things began at a camp in January, and I’ve continued to work on it since that time.
- Mark Townsend at Big League Stew notes that the Puig team meeting was set up by Yasiel.
- Eric Stephen at True Blue LA sums up the whole Figgins vs. Kennedy brouhaha nicely.
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Brian Wilson and the fickle nature of relief".
"I’m not particularly used to having 'one of those nights,'" Wilson said. "Normally, it might have something to do with not making proper pitches. Tonight was about not being able to get ahead in the count, and they took advantage of it. Just forgive and forget."
- Zach Hample shares his experience at the Australian ballgames. Go here to check it out. He has a ton of photos of areas in and around the stadium that I guarantee you haven't seen yet.
- Juan Uribe wore this into the Dodger clubhouse before the game in San Diego, yesterday. I kid you not! Via Hanley Ramirez's Instagram.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *