Today is Jackie Robinson Day. All of the Dodger "42" jersey's are ready to go, pic above via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014. Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider has a video of his Hall of Fame Induction speech.
- Craig Minami at True Blue LA provides a Dodger minor league report and mentions that Alex Guerrero has homered again.
- Via Mike Petriello at FanGraphs, "Adrian Gonzalez, Crushing and Missing."
So this represents something of a dichotomy for what the 2014 Gonzalez will be. He’s connecting less, which is not great, but he’s crushing more when he does, which is a step forward. But there’s also this: evidence that Gonzalez’ approach really has changed.
- Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Preparation gives Dodgers' catchers an edge: Honeycutt and Ellis make sure Los Angeles' backstops have plan of attack."
"The first day of a series, each of us goes over everything individually, taking notes and there isn't much talking. After a break around 3, the four of us go over it together to create bullet points on each hitter to take into the pitcher's meeting so it can be presented in a simple, uncluttered way. We write down what resonates with each pitcher, what might be important about a hitter that maybe is different for a reliever than a certain starter. After that, the starting pitcher and the catcher for that game and Rick go over the individualized game plan."
- Dodger Penguin provides a recap to the Bill Madlock signing this past Sunday.
- Paul Lukas at Uni Watch writes a fascinating article on this Jackie Robinson Day. He lets us know about other African American's who worked as trainers for MLB clubs prior to Jackie.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *