Is that pine tar for bats? The photo above is worthy of a caption contest. Hyun-Jin Ryu is found goofing around with Juan Uribe in the pic above, via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014.
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Even Dodgers unsure if Wilson is healthy."
Even more alarming has been Wilson’s lack of command, but the two issues often are related. Wilson admitted when he went on the disabled list in San Diego that he had concealed some tingling sensations in his elbow from Mattingly and the trainers since spring training. Now, Mattingly said he’ll ask Wilson again whether he’s healthy.
- Via Mike Petriello at Dodgers Digest, "Is Kenley Jansen Being Used Too Much?" Ken Gurnick at MLB.com notes that he is on a pace to break the record for pitcher appearances this season.
- Check out some great photos from a fan who sat right behind home plate a couple of games ago, here. Hat Tip: Reddit: collegemathchef.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Mattingly challenged by outfield surplus."
"It's not so much that you're hurting feelings," he said. "You want everybody in the mix. But you've got four guys with quality careers and you can't just throw those aside. I assume every time a name is not in the lineup, they're not happy about it."
- Via Dave Cameron at FanGraphs, "Baseball's Worst Rule is Dead."
- I found this to be really fun to play with. The NY Times created an interactive map looking at MLB team loyalty based on facebook likes by zip code. Click on the map and zoom in to find out were resident's loyalties stand. Awesome! Unsurprisingly, neither the A's or Mets can call any zip code in the country as home territory.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *